Need Help? Talk to an Immigration Expert +1 (647) 221-2022

Family sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

Your family members or relatives may live, study, and work in Canada under family sponsorship if they become Permanent residence. If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old, you may sponsor some relatives to immigrate to Canada.
You may be eligible to sponsor your:

1. Spouse, partner, or dependent children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent children if you can support them financially and they should not need social assistance from the government.

2. Spouse, partner, or dependent children

There are some relatives you can sponsor to become a permanent resident of Canada. There are two possibilities for who you can sponsor, depending on your circumstances.

  1. Orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild
  2. spouse
    a. common-law partner
    b. conjugal partner
  3. son or daughter
  4. parent and grandparent
  5. orphaned brother or sister
  6. orphaned nephew or niece
  7. orphaned grandchild
  8. or you do not have any relative who is Canadian citizen or permanent resident or registered Indian under the Indian Act.

3. Adopted children

To adopt a child from different country, you must follow the adoption process and the immigration process. The immigration process has two parts:
– the application for sponsorship; and
– he application for permanent residence for the child

4. Parents and grandparents

You can sponsor your parents and grandparents if you received an invitation to apply. Also, you are living in Canada as permanent residence or Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old. Moreover, you must have enough money to support your parents and grandparents.

Get your free assessment today